The Via Francigena path, from Castel Gandolfo to Velletri
- An AIGAE hiking guide will accompany us on a tour through nature and traditions of the Via Francigena
- Admire the stunning view overlooking Lake Albano and Lake Nemi
- Visit to the little towns of Castel Gandolfo and Nemi
- Have a break and then visit the town of Velletri
min. 2 participants
- 105€ adults
- 49€ teens (13-17 years old)
Tour with an AIGAE hiking guide
- 29€ Picnic basket with local produce: white pizza with “mortadella”, sesame sandwich with “porchetta”, three pizza tastings, Roman Pecorino cheese, “prosciutto”, “ciambelline” made with wine, water
- 15€ p.p. Private transfer from Velletri to Castel Gandolfo
- 140€ roundtrip private transfer from your hotel in Rome up to 4 participants
- 150€ roundtrip private transfer from your hotel in Rome up to 6 participants
- You may reach Castel Gandolfo by train departing from the Rome Termini Station (ticket 2,10 €) and returning from Velletri Train Station (ticket 3 €). trenitalia.it
- Any special diet requirements? No problem, we can prepare a basket according to your needs.
We will have a hiking tour rich in history, devotion and nature on the Via Francigena, starting from Castel Gandolfo and ending in Velletri. We’ll be walking along the most fascinating path in the “Parco dei Castelli Romani” from the heights of Lake Albano all the way to Lake Nemi, learning about legends on the disappearance of ships and tales of priests. After enjoying a delicious picnic in Nemi, we will keep walking along the Monte Artemisio path and finally reach the town of Velletri.
Credits: Antonello Lezziero
Any clarification on itineraries or on a personalised tour?
Contact us via email.