(Private tour) The Celio tour: ancient rituals and Christian worship
- Discover all about Rome’s early Christianity and its original constructions
- Visit to Santo Stefano Rotondo Church
- Listen to ancient stories of sacrifice and devotion at the monastery of the SS Quattro Coronati
- Travel back in time at the San Clemente Basilica
min. 3 participants
- 149€ adults
- 85 € teens (13-17 years old)
- Guided visit with an archaeologist, art historian or architect
- Entrance ticket to San Clemente Basilica
- 145€ roundtrip private transfer from Frascati, Castel Gandolfo, Nemi, Albano Laziale
- Whatever not indicated in “fee includes”
The guides who will accompany us all have an archaeological or artistic historical preparation. We can offer further itineraries besides those present on our site, to reveal a Rome that you do not yet know, or not know enough. Ready to go down in history?
We will visit Santo Stefano Rotondo Basilica, one of the oldest Christian churches in Rome, with its circular plan and its mysterious mithraeum. Centuries of art and history await us with a visit to the convent of the SS Quattro Coronati resembling a fortified fortress. We will conclude our itinerary with the visit to San Clemente Basilica: we will travel back in time among mosaics and exceptional frescoes, places of Christian worship of the fourth century and the underground pagan temples of Rome of the first century.
Any clarification on itineraries or on a personalised tour?
Contact us via email.